Parents & Carers Hub: Online / Phone Peer Meeting Discussion
After the success of our first online Parents & Carers meeting on April 6th, we thought we would do it again! Let's come together online and have a general peer discussion to discuss what's on our minds, such as: how do we survive online learning at home, how we've been managing, share ideas and concerns and ensure we find some calm in this situation. See below for more details about what Zoom is and how to do it.
This peer meeting is for parents, grandparents and carers (of an Aspergers or ASD 1-2 child) to meet, share their experiences and support eachother. We have a range of parents who attend, who have children of varying ages from toddlers through to young adults. The group is facilitated to allow opportunity for all attendees to talk if they wish. Attendance varies from month to month and it's great to talk to others who have been through similar challenges.
Cost: $5 AV Members, $10 Non-Members. Please book and pay online before attending, You will receive the link to join the meeting when your payment is done and you will receive a Event Confirmed email containing this link.
Coping with new challenges of online schooling and social isolation for ourselves and our families.
What is Zoom?
Zoom is a program that allows video, web and audio conferencing.You can download it free onto your computer or phone/tablet. Or you can simply just dial in and participate via telephone. Download the AV Zoom Guide (pdf)
STEP 1: Before the Meeting: Make sure you download Zoom
Download onto your computer:
Download onto your phone / tablet:
- Visit https://zoom.us/download, locate Zoom Client for Meetings and click Download.
- Follow the download and installation prompts (you do not need admin access).
1. Go to the App store of your device (e.g. App Store or Google Play).
2. Search for Zoom
3. Download it, as per other apps.
Participate via phone line only:
1. Dial in via one of these numbers: +61 3 7018 2005 Australia +61 8 7150 1149 Australia +61 2 8015 6011 Australia. Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ahxpuxnWU
2. Key in the Meeting ID (from your registration confirmed email).
STEP 2: At the Meeting time: Join the Zoom Meeting
1. Open up the Zoom application
1a. If using a computer - Go to "Settings", and do "Audio" -> "Sound and "Microphone" checks before you start.
2. Enter the Meeting ID you've been provided (in the confirmed registration email). The host will receive a 'door bell' that you are waiting and will admit you to the meeting.
Once you have entered the Zoom meeting room:
- Make sure that your microphone is muted
- Video - you can choose if its on or off (On = more internet used)
- When you want to talk - unmute microphone.
- Make sure 1 person talks at a time.
More instructions of how to use Zoom in the meeting will be provided at the start of the meeting. However we can email you an outline for Zoom use in case you need help.
Contact Details: Emma at firstname.lastname@example.org emall preferred, or 0432 139 528