Adults Hub: Online / Phone Peer Meeting Discussion - "Grief and Empathy"
Due to the changing conditions with COVID-19, we have moved to an online meeting format via a web-based application called Zoom. See below for more about what Zoom is.
We had an excellent turnout for last month's meeting and encourage you to give it a try. Our discussion topic this month is grief and empathy. There will be a presentation by Jennifer Lowe, a PhD Candidate from La Trobe University, whose research focuses on grief and bereavement from the perspective of adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Jennifer herself was diagnosed with ASD in 2018 and will be speaking from a theoretical knowledge base and sharing her personal experiences. You are welcome to sit back and listen, join in the discussion or seek advice from those with like-minds, with lots of time for questions. We hope you can join us!
This group is for our older Adult peer group attendees. It is more suitable for those who are aged 35 years and over, although younger adults may still attend if they wish to. (Young adults may prefer to attend the other younger adult meetings: see our event list).
Cost: $5 AV Members, $10 Non-Members. Please book and pay online before attending, You will receive the link to join the meeting when your payment is done and you will receive a Event Confirmed email containing this link.
What is Zoom?
Zoom is a program that allows video, web and audio conferencing.You can download it free onto your computer or phone/tablet. Or you can simply just dial in and participate via telephone. Download the AV Zoom Guide (pdf)
STEP 1: Before the Meeting: Make sure you download Zoom
Download onto your computer:
Download onto your phone / tablet:
- Visit https://zoom.us/download, locate Zoom Client for Meetings and click Download.
- Follow the download and installation prompts (you do not need admin access).
1. Go to the App store of your device (e.g. App Store or Google Play).
2. Search for Zoom
3. Download it, as per other apps.
Participate via phone line only:
1. Dial in via one of these numbers: +61 3 7018 2005 Australia +61 8 7150 1149 Australia +61 2 8015 6011 Australia. Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ahxpuxnWU
2. Key in the Meeting ID (from your registration confirmed email).
STEP 2: At the Meeting time: Join the Zoom Meeting
1. Open up the Zoom application
1a. If using a computer - Go to "Settings", and do "Audio" -> "Sound and "Microphone" checks before you start.
2. Enter the Meeting ID you've been provided (in the confirmed registration email). The host will receive a 'door bell' that you are waiting and will admit you to the meeting.
Once you have entered the Zoom meeting room:
- Make sure that your microphone is muted
- Video - you can choose if its on or off (On = more internet used)
- When you want to talk - unmute microphone.
- Make sure 1 person talks at a time.
More instructions of how to use Zoom in the meeting will be provided at the start of the meeting.
Contact Details: Colin firstname.lastname@example.org or Emma at email@example.com emall preferred, or 0432 139 528