Social Skills Workshops
- Information Session (online)
AV is proud to be partnering with Paul Micallef from Autism Explained and Aspergers from the Inside to assist him to develop, deliver and record social skills workshops covering a range of common topics promoting positive autistic identity. The workshops are focused on building self-confidence and strengthening your own unique identity which gives you a strong foundation to set healthy boundaries and interact positively with the world (regardless of how friendly it may be!)
If you are aged between 14 - 24 years, then these workshops could be just what you are looking for. Best of all, they are free for AV members!
- Workshop 1 will focus on having positive social encounters.
- Workshop 2 will focus on navigating difficult social situations.
There are a couple of conditions:
- places are strictly limited to 12 participants
- participants need to agree to be filmed during the workshops and to the recording being publicly available. You can be anonymous if you wish. The film content will be used to develop capacity-building videos and resources to help other autistic young adults to find an authentic version of their true selves and succeed socially at the same time. These clips will be available for free on the soon to be launched autism information hub "The A List". It is funded by a grant from DSS.
To find out more information as well as to ask any questions you may have, please join us at this information session. Registrations for the workshops will open after this information session.
This event will take place online via Zoom.
Date: Wednesday 7 July
Time: 7pm to approximately 7.30pm
Timing on the night:
7pm: Welcome and introduction.
7.05 pm: Discussion of the event and a question and answer session.
7.30 pm: Event concludes.
Free. You will receive an event confirmation email with the Zoom meeting link after you register your attendance.
Become an AV member today to access discounted tickets for groups and events, other members-only programs, and to support all the wonderful work our volunteers and staff team do for our community!
Who should attend?
This event is suitable for Aspergers Victoria members, families, professionals, or anyone else interested in this topic.
The Zoom session will be facilitated by:
If you have questions or would like more information, please email Jenni: firstname.lastname@example.org.
AV Events T&Cs