Teens Work KnowHow Program
Expression of Interest 2023
Updated 1 May 2023
Applications for Round 1 2023 have now closed. If you are interested in applying for Round 2, 2023, please continue below.
If you are interested in receiving emails about this program beyond Round 2 2023, please add your name to the mailing list.
Thank you for your interest in our Aspergers Victoria Teens Work KnowHow Program.
AV believes that our early career experiences build our life foundations. It is our vision that this exciting program provides our community with a pathway to understand themselves, the world of work, and their job readiness. The program is delivered in a way that is positive, empowering, practical and geared towards individual learning styles.
Participants in this program will leave with more career understanding, self-confidence and some useful tools to help them map out their own future in work.
The program will include parent / guardian communication as well so you can support the participants' progress. This program is designed to align with the Department of Education and Training requirements for work experience.
Who can join the program?
- Individuals with Aspergers, autistic individuals, or other similar neurodivergent profiles (diagnosed, self-diagnosed, and self-identified are all welcome).
- Teens and young people aged from 14 and 9 months to 21 years as of Monday 1 May, 2023.
Participants must also be:
- Enrolled in secondary education.
- AV members (non-members are welcome to add their name to the Expression of Interest, but you will need to be a current paid AV member to participate in the program).
- Able to participate independently (ie: without assistance from a parent / carer / support worker).
- The program comprises workshops, mock interviews, and a supported work experience placement.
- Participants are matched with an AV job coach.
- Workshops will be both online and in person (in person sessions will take place in metropolitan Melbourne).
- Work experience placement will be with a host employer based in metropolitan Melbourne.
Proposed program dates
Round 2: Monday 17 July to Friday 6 October
For information on the proposed dates for each round including workshops and placement week, please view our Teens Work KnowHow Program overview.
NB: these are proposed dates and are subject to change.
Is the program free?
Courtesy of a generous ILC grant from the Department of Social Services, our Teens Work KnowHow program is free of charge for AV members.
Why do I need to fill out this form?
The information collected in this form assists us to determine interest and applicant suitability for the program. We will process applications and contact families in early 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact our Employment Project Manager, Charmain: email@example.com