ASPERGERS VICTORIA ONLINE GUEST SPEAKER EVENT:
"DIFFERENT NOT LESS" WITH CHLOE HAYDEN
Aspergers Victoria has been fortunate to secure Chloe Hayden, also known as Princess Aspien, for this 90 minute presentation (including Q&A). Chloe is an Australian autism advocate, actor, Youtuber, singer and award-winning public speaker who has spoken at many schools, conferences and events around the globe.
Join us to hear Chloe share how you can take control of your life and write your own story, encouraging you to focus on your strengths. Her ambition is to educate, encourage, enlighten and give people the hope and confidence to see that different is not less, and that it should instead be seen as beautiful, wonderful and powerful.
For more information about Chloe, please visit her website and Facebook page
Time: 7.30 pm - 9.30 pm
Timing on the night:
7.30 pm: Welcome and introduction from Tamsin (President)
7.35 pm: Chloe's presentation
8.30 pm: Question and answer session
9.00 pm: Informal chat (optional)
9.30 pm: Event concludes.
Cost: $10 Aspergers Vic Members, $17 Non-Members (subsidized tickets courtesy of Dept of Human Services Grant). Please book and pay online before attending, You will receive the link to join the meeting when your payment is done and you will receive a Event Confirmed email containing this link.
Who should attend: This event is suitable for Aspergers Victoria members, families, professionals, or anyone else interested in this topic. Suitable age: teenagers and upwards.
The Zoom session will be facilitated by:
- Speaker: Chloe Hayden
- Tamsin Jowett - AV Volunteer President
- Lyndel Kennedy - Events & Young Adults Team Volunteer
- Emma Howden - AV Staff Member
What is Zoom?
Zoom is a program that allows video, web and audio conferencing.You can download it free onto your computer or phone/tablet. Download the AV Zoom Guide (pdf)
STEP 1: Before the Meeting: Make sure you download Zoom
Download onto your computer:
Download onto your phone / tablet:
- Visit https://zoom.us/download, locate Zoom Client for Meetings and click Download.
- Follow the download and installation prompts (you do not need admin access).
1. Go to the App store of your device (e.g. App Store or Google Play).
2. Search for Zoom
3. Download it, as per other apps.
STEP 2: At the Meeting time: Log into Zoom
1. Open up the Zoom application
1a. If using a computer - Go to "Settings", and do "Audio" -> "Sound and "Microphone" checks before you start.
2. Enter or click on the Meeting ID you've been provided (in the confirmed registration email). The host will receive a 'door bell' that you are waiting and will admit you to the meeting.
Participate via phone line only:
1. Dial in via one of these numbers: +61 3 7018 2005 Australia +61 8 7150 1149 Australia +61 2 8015 6011 Australia. Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ahxpuxnWU
2. Key in the Meeting ID (from your registration confirmed email)Once you have entered the Zoom meeting room:
More instructions of how to use Zoom in the meeting will be provided at the start of the meeting.
- Your microphone will need to be MUTED (to minimize background noise)
- Video - you can choose if its on or off (On = more internet used & you are visible)
- Q&A will be submitted in writing via the Q&A or chatbox functions
- If you want to contribute something to the session chat, you can type your message, either to 'everyone' or to the person you wish to see it (private chat). We recommend chat is kept to a minimum during the talk so we don't distract attendees. Please wait for the Q&A timing.
- It will be recorded and your contribution may also be recorded.
Contact Details: Emma at firstname.lastname@example.org email preferred, or 0432 139 528