Adults Hub: Online / Phone Peer Meeting Discussion - “Organisation Skills & Self-Management"
Due to the changing conditions with COVID-19, we had to move to an online meeting via a web-based application called Zoom. See below for more about what Zoom is.
We have been getting an excellent turnout in recent months for this meeting and encourage you to give it a try and join us. Discussion topic: Organization Skills & Self-Management.
One of the challenges we face being on the spectrum, is termed “executive functioning”. This can show up as difficulties in organisational skills, time-management, initiating, switching ,or ending tasks, and other self-management skills. It can be very helpful to create checklists, to-do lists, and detailed instructions for activities or tasks. Pictures also can be very effective. In the discussion, we will consider the sorts of difficulties individuals have experienced and how people have worked or might work to overcome these difficulties.
This group is for our older Adult peer group attendees. It is more suitable for those who are aged 35 years and over, although younger adults may still attend if they wish to. (Young adults may prefer to attend the other younger adult meetings: see our event list).
Cost: FREE this month again, courtesy of DHHS covid grant, but bookings still required. Please book online before attending, You will receive the link to join the meeting once booking is completed in an "Event Registration Confirmed" email containing this link.
What is Zoom?
Zoom is a program that allows video, web and audio conferencing.You can download it free onto your computer or phone/tablet. Or you can simply just dial in and participate via telephone. Download the AV Zoom Guide (pdf)
STEP 1: Before the Meeting: Make sure you download Zoom
Download onto your computer:
Download onto your phone / tablet:
- Visit https://zoom.us/download, locate Zoom Client for Meetings and click Download.
- Follow the download and installation prompts (you do not need admin access).
1. Go to the App store of your device (e.g. App Store or Google Play).
2. Search for Zoom
3. Download it, as per other apps.
Participate via phone line only:
1. Dial in via one of these numbers: +61 3 7018 2005 Australia +61 8 7150 1149 Australia +61 2 8015 6011 Australia. Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ahxpuxnWU
2. Key in the Meeting ID (from your registration confirmed email).
STEP 2: At the Meeting time: Join the Zoom Meeting
1. Open up the Zoom application
1a. If using a computer - Go to "Settings", and do "Audio" -> "Sound and "Microphone" checks before you start.
2. Enter the Meeting ID you've been provided (in the confirmed registration email). The host will receive a 'door bell' that you are waiting and will admit you to the meeting.
Once you have entered the Zoom meeting room:
- Make sure that your microphone is muted
- Video - you can choose if its on or off (On = more internet used)
- When you want to talk - unmute microphone.
- Make sure 1 person talks at a time.
More instructions of how to use Zoom in the meeting will be provided at the start of the meeting.
Contact Details: Colin email@example.com or Emma at firstname.lastname@example.org