We are updating our existing Child Safety approaches each month and our team are working towards the wonderful new National Guidelines coming out this July. Our commitment is that: Keeping children safe & respecting diversity is everyone's responsibility.
We welcome your feedback in whatever way you wish to provide it including from our teens and under 18s in how we support their safety, inclusion and wellbeing. This includes our neurodivergent participant's needs, as well as the needs of our various gender identities and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
So you know AV is committed to child safety, wellbeing, participation and empowermentin all we do. This extends to cultural respect and acceptance of diverse needs including autistic, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and LGBTQIA.
Please let us know if you can assist us with ensuring we can meet our vision for child safety and wellbeing in our community.
- AV has zero tolerance for child abuse;.
- AV supports and respects the right of all children to feel valued and to be safe;.
- AV seeks to promote, respect and protect the rights of all children attending our activities and prevent abuse from occurring by fostering a child safe culture;.
- AV has systems and measures in place to try and ensure the respect, wellbeing and safety of children; and.
- AV is committed to promoting and protecting the safety and wellbeing of all children using our services and to fair, effective and efficient safety processes
- AV welcomes ALL feedback about our approaches including from children: please email Jenni,or call or speak to one of our team or please message us on our social media .