Young Adults Peer Group Meeting
Conversation Skills: How to Make and Keep a Conversation Going
Do you struggle to talk to people, enter a conversation or keep the conversation going? Makes it hard to find that special person!
Then this month’s Young Adult group’s topic is for you. Join us for a workshop in how to make and keep conversation going in all situations, at work, at a gathering or with that special someone!
This workshop will be facilitated by Gayle Vermont who has many years experience in teaching Social Skills.
- This event is for Young Adults Peer Group attendees only, who are between the ages of 18-35 years (18 yr olds must be no longer attending secondary school).
- It is fine for parent/friend to drop off attendees, however only the Young Adult is allowed in to the meeting room, it is a parent/carer-free zone. New attendees will be made to feel comfortable and welcome by our peer leaders and build their independence.
||Thursday, 22nd November, 2018
7:30 - 9:30 pm - Doors open for registration at 7:10 pm and close at 10 pm.
Conversation Skills: How to make and keep a conversation going
What to Bring:
What Happens on the Night?
- Attendees arrive and check in at the door. Doors will be open from 7.10 pm.
- Aspergers Victoria volunteers with lived experience run the all meetings and will welcome you and answer any question you may have (especially if you're new).
- At 7.30 the group will gather for the discussion.
- At around 9 p.m., the group will finish up their session and enjoy some refreshments together (e.g. cup of tea/coffee/water and biscuits).
- Around 9:30 p.m. the meeting packs up and everyone heads home soon after.
This group is for Aspergers Victoria members only. However you are welcome to attend one meeting to try before joining. We welcome your feedback.
Getting There: If driving, free parking is available on site or in surrounding streets. By Public Trasport: Take the Lilydale or Belgrave line train to Blackburn, or various bus routes service the station. The Nerve Centre is a few minutes walk up Chapel Street (Blackburn Rd) to corner of Station St/Blackburn Rd.
This page is for booking places to this event only.
- If you have any further queries about the booking procedures or have missed the booking deadline, please contact us on email address below.
Contact Details: Young Adults Team firstname.lastname@example.org
Gayle Vermont, Groups Co-Ordinator, email@example.com 0412 113 105.