ASPERGERS VICTORIA ONLINE GUEST SPEAKER EVENT
DANNY BLACKFORD: BUILDING RESILIENCE - HOW TO BOUNCE BACK IN A TOUGH WORLD
Life can be stressful and challenging at the best of times. COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down and for many of us it is a tough world right now. Please join us to hear from registered psychologist, Business Advisor, Executive Coach and author of 'Asperguys', Danny Blackford to learn some tips on how you can bounce back and grow your resilient approaches.
Danny will explain how a resilient person can find their own way to thrive in change, be sociable while maintaining some calm; remain competitive in challenging situations and discover lower anxiety levels. Growing a strong sense of self-belief, self understanding with an unshakeable faith that they control their own destiny, with the right tools Danny has seen how these individuals can mostly remain relatively unaffected by challenges or adversity.
Get your breakfast, your morning tea or coffee and listen as Danny gives his thoughts on the fascinating and relevant topic of Building Resilience - Learning how to bounce back in a tough world.
Date: Tuesday 13 October
Time: 8.30am - 10.00am
Cost: $10 Aspergers Vic Members, $25 Non-Members (subsidised tickets courtesy of Dept of Human Services Grant). Please book and pay online before attending, You will receive the link to join the meeting when your payment is done and you will receive a Event Confirmed email containing this link.
Who should attend:This event is suitable for Aspergers Victoria members, families, professionals, or anyone else interested in this topic. Suitable age: teenagers and upwards.
In case you can’t make it in person, our Event will be recorded and available for all registered attendees.
The Zoom session will be facilitated by:
- Tamsin Jowett - AV Volunteer President
- Lyndel Kennedy - Events & Young Adults Team Volunteer
- Paige Marken - AV Admin Support
What is Zoom?
Zoom is a program that allows video, web and audio conferencing.You can download it free onto your computer or phone/tablet. Download the AV Zoom Guide (pdf)
STEP 1: Before the Meeting: Make sure you download Zoom
Download onto your computer:
1. Visit https://zoom.us/download,locate Zoom Client for Meetings and click Download.
2. Follow the download and installation prompts (you do not need admin access).
Download onto your phone / tablet:
1. Go to the App store of your device (e.g. App Store or Google Play).
2. Search for Zoom
3. Download it, as per other apps.
STEP 2: At the Meeting time: Log into Zoom
1. Open up the Zoom application
1a. If using a computer - Go to "Settings", and do "Audio" -> "Sound and "Microphone" checks before you start.
2. Enter or click on the Meeting ID you've been provided (in the confirmed registration email). The host will receive a 'door bell' that you are waiting and will admit you to the meeting.
Participate via phone line only:
1. Dial in via one of these numbers: +61 3 7018 2005Australia+61 8 7150 1149Australia+61 2 8015 6011Australia. Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ahxpuxnWU
2. Key in the Meeting ID (from your registration confirmed email)
Once you have entered the Zoom meeting room:
- Your microphone will need to be MUTED (to minimize background noise)
- Video - you can choose if its on or off (On = more internet used & you are visible)
- Q&A will be submitted in writing via the Q&A or chatbox functions
If you want to contribute something to the session chat, you can type your message, either to 'everyone' or to the person you wish to see it (private chat). We recommend chat is kept to a minimum during the talk so we don't distract attendees. Please wait for the Q&A timing.
It will be recorded and your contribution may also be recorded.
More instructions of how to use Zoom in the meeting will be provided at the start of the meeting. Contact Details: Please contact Jenni on email@example.com if you have any questions or need any additional information.