Adults Hub: Online / Phone Social Night
Due to the changing conditions with COVID-19, we had to move to an online meeting via a web-based application called Zoom. See below for more about what Zoom is.
Prior to the Covid-19 situation, the Adult Group used to have a social night / BBQ on the 5th Thursday evening when this occurred in a month. There is a 5th Thursday in October, so we’re hosting a social night on Zoom: no discussion topic and no theme. You can purt together your own sausage-in-bread, softdrink and cheese and biscuits if you want to approximate the BBQ experience. Then join us as you like between 7.30 and 9.30pm on the night. You will need to register online to get the meeting number and passcode for this Zoom meeting.
This group is for our older Adult peer group attendees. It is more suitable for those who are aged 35 years and over, although younger adults may still attend if they wish to. (Young adults may prefer to attend the other younger adult meetings: see our event list).
Cost: FREE this month again, courtesy of DHHS covid grant, but bookings still required. Please book online before attending, You will receive the link to join the meeting once booking is completed in an "Event Registration Confirmed" email containing this link.
What is Zoom?
Zoom is a program that allows video, web and audio conferencing.You can download it free onto your computer or phone/tablet. Or you can simply just dial in and participate via telephone. Download the AV Zoom Guide (pdf)
STEP 1: Before the Meeting: Make sure you download Zoom
Download onto your computer:
Download onto your phone / tablet:
- Visit https://zoom.us/download, locate Zoom Client for Meetings and click Download.
- Follow the download and installation prompts (you do not need admin access).
1. Go to the App store of your device (e.g. App Store or Google Play).
2. Search for Zoom
3. Download it, as per other apps.
Participate via phone line only:
1. Dial in via one of these numbers: +61 3 7018 2005 Australia +61 8 7150 1149 Australia +61 2 8015 6011 Australia. Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ahxpuxnWU
2. Key in the Meeting ID (from your registration confirmed email).
STEP 2: At the Meeting time: Join the Zoom Meeting
1. Open up the Zoom application
1a. If using a computer - Go to "Settings", and do "Audio" -> "Sound and "Microphone" checks before you start.
2. Enter the Meeting ID you've been provided (in the confirmed registration email). The host will receive a 'door bell' that you are waiting and will admit you to the meeting.
Once you have entered the Zoom meeting room:
- Make sure that your microphone is muted
- Video - you can choose if its on or off (On = more internet used)
- When you want to talk - unmute microphone.
- Make sure 1 person talks at a time.
More instructions of how to use Zoom in the meeting will be provided at the start of the meeting.
Contact Details: Colin firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com